Reminder: the carsharing contract is not available on paper anymore, but solely in a dematerialized version via the CarAmigo app on the owner’s smartphone; if for some reason you can not use the owner’s phone (it is off-grid, the battery is flat, etc ...), you have to do it on the renter’s phone: to do so. Open the app on his/her device, have him/her log out, then have the owner log in (his/her credentials will not be saved on the device). You will be able to do the check-in and the signature of the contract as planned.
1. Carefully verify the documents the renter presents:
a. The original driving license (as a precaution, we kindly request you to take a picture by using the app)
b. The debit/credit card he/she has used to pay for the reservation on CarAmigo: since part of the card number is present on the carsharing contract, you should verify it before handing over the keys
2. Using the app, make the check-in of the car, i.e. the car interior and exterior.
3. Still using the app, sign the carsharing contract
4. Remit to the driver the vehicles’ documents
5. Hand over the keys, and so he/she can ride away, right away!
N.B. All the renters’ documents should bear the SAME NAME, otherwise you must REFUSE to hand over the keys of the vehicle!
1. Show the owner:
- Your driving license (as a precaution, the owner is requested to take a picture by using the CarAmigo app that needs to be used to, among others, sign the carsharing contract)
- The credit/debit card you used to pay for the reservation on CarAmigo
2. Carefully check the documents that the owner will show you:
- The vehicle’s certificate of registration
- The insurance certificate and its validity
- The technical inspection certificate and its validity
3. Using the app, perform the check-in of the car, i.e. the car interior and exterior; do not hesitate to ask the owner to move the car to a brighter place as it won’t be possible to contest any problem at the check-out of the vehicle, if such a problem was not mentioned at the check-in stage
4. Still with the app, sign the carsharing contract
5. Receive the keys, and ride away, right away!
N.B. All these documents should bear the SAME NAME, otherwise the owner will REFUSE to give you the keys of the vehicle, the carsharing will be cancelled and you may incur costs!