IMPORTANT: All the following documents should bear the SAME NAME, otherwise the owner will REFUSE to give you the keys to the vehicle, the carsharing will be cancelled and you may incur costs!
You will need to download the CarAmigo app in order to prevent any issues and to be able to complete your contract through the various phases of the carsharing. You can find the app here.
1. These instructions, which you must print and take with you during the carsharing
2. Your current driving license
3. The debit/credit card you used to pay for the reservation on CarAmigo: part of the card number is present on the carsharing contract and should be verified by the owner before handing you the keys
Reminder: the carsharing contract is no longer available on paper, and can be accessed solely as an electronic version via the CarAmigo app on the owner’s smartphone; if for some reason you cannot use the owner’s phone (it's off-grid, the battery ran out, etc ...), you will have to do it by logging in using the renter’s phone.
To do so, open the app on his/her device, have him/her log out, then have the owner log in (choose the option to not save his/her credentials on the device). You will be able to do the check-in and sign the contract as planned. In case of certain issues, contact our call center at:
START of the CARSHARING
1. Show the owner:
Your driving license (as a precaution the owner is requested to take a picture by using the CarAmigo app which is itself used to, among others, sign the carsharing contract)
The credit/debit card you used to pay for the reservation on the CarAmigo website
2. Carefully check the documents that the owner will show you:
- The vehicle’s certificate of registration
- The insurance certificate and its validity
- The technical inspection certificate and its validity
3. Do a check of the car, i.e. the car interior and exterior, by use of the app: do not hesitate to ask the owner to move the car to a brighter place as it won’t be possible to contest any problem at the return of the vehicle if such a problem was not mentioned at this stage
4. While still using the app, sign the carsharing contract
5. Receive the keys and ride away, right away!
DURING the CARSHARING
Sworn statement: on the actual day of the Carsharing you declare not to have been held responsible for any accident resulting in physical injuries or had your driving licence revoked during the last 5 years, were not subjected to any early termination of your automotive insurance during the last 5 years, are medically fit to drive, and finally, were not convicted for driving while intoxicated, drunk driving, or impaired driving during the last 5 years.
Extension of the Carsharing: if you want to extend the Carsharing period beyond the originally agreed upon time you must absolutely do so via your CarAmigo profile, to extend and guarantee the insurance coverage among other reasons. Please contact the Owner if you think you'll not be able to bring the Vehicle back at the agreed upon time. The extension will only be effective once confirmed by CarAmigo. In case it's not confirmed, you must absolutely bring the Vehicle back at the agreed time or risk a partial or total lift of the insurance or assistance guarantees, in which case the entirety of the costs pertaining to an accident, a breakdown or any other damages may fall under your responsibility.
Procedure in case of breakdown (due to an accident or other): in case of an accident, incident, technical breakdown, flat tires, wrong fuel, lost keys, etc. you shall notify
- for Belgium: Touring, by calling the dedicated number +32 2 286 34 28
- For Portugal: Europ Assistance Portugal by calling the dedicated number +351 21 722 56 26
to declare the incident and to immediately demand the putting-in-action of some of the guarantees described in Article 5.1 of the GTC's. You also need to send us an email explaining what happened:
- for Belgium: firstname.lastname@example.org
- for Portugal: email@example.com
and put the Owner in CC.
Procedure in case of an accident: in case of an accident the Driver and the third party ought to fill out an accident report, quoting the insurance company of the party that caused the incident as the insurance company covering the Vehicle in civil liability:
- for Belgium: AXA Belgium
- for Portugal: Tranquilidade
as the insurance company covering the Vehicle during the Carsharing under the policy number 728250000000 (AXA, Belgium) / 0004343002 (Tranquilidade, Portugal).
Afterwards the Driver shall immediately notify
- AXA Belgium by calling +32 78 35 61 68
- Tranquilidade, Portugal by calling +351 211 520 310 or +351 226 055 605
to declare the accident and to immediately demand the putting-in-action of some of the guarantees described in Article 5.2 of the GTC's. He/she shall then send the accident report as well as any other document that may be of importance in relation to the accident
Procedure in case of theft: in case of theft, you shall declare the event to the competent authorities of the municipality where the theft took place, within maximum 24 hours of its discovery. Afterwards you shall immediately notify:
- AXA Belgium by calling +32 78 35 61 68
- Tranquilidade, Portugal by calling +351 211 520 310 ou +351 226 055 605
to declare the theft, and to immediately demand the putting-in-action of some of the guarantees described in Article 5.2 of the GTC's. You shall then send the accident report as well as any other document that may be of importance in relation to the accident. If you do not comply with the above-described obligations, your financial responsibility could possibly go over the Deductible.
Traffic violations and fines: you are solely responsible for all traffic offenses committed during the Carsharing. In this context, you must immediately inform the Owner of any offense and pay the fine immediately if the opportunity is given to you (such as a request for immediate payment from the authorities). If the Owner is fined for an offense allegedly committed during a Carsharing he/she should immediately inform us and report the owner by filling in his/her details in the appropriate form and sending it by registered mail to the relevant authorities.
State and content of the Vehicle: you commit to return the Vehicle to the Owner in the same operating and safety condition as at the beginning of the Carsharing, clean and without any damage other than those reported in the check-in report, with a tank level identical to the level at the start of the Carsharing, and to return to the Owner the original registration certificate, the accident claim form, 1 yellow jacket, a warning triangle, and an alcohol level tester. You also commit to respect the date and time for returning the Vehicle.
Check-out procedure: within the appropriate section of the smartphone app, the Owner and the Driver indicate if the check-out is identical on all points to the check-in (with the exception of the amount of kilometers): if that is the case, a discharge will be signed, indicating the Contract is properly closed.
END of the CARSHARING
1. Take note of the amount of kilometres that were driven and the fuel level
2. With the app, perform the check-out of the car by filling out the relevant and sign it
3. If the vehicle was damaged, fill out together either:
Major issues: in case of major problems requiring the intervention of a professional car repair shop, fill out, together with the counterparty the relevant section of the carsharing app. Also immediately notify
- AXA Belgium by calling +32 78 35 61 68
- Tranquilidade, Portugal by calling +351 707 24 07 07
to declare the damages and to immediately demand the putting-in-action of some of the guarantees described in Article 5.2 of the GTC's. You shall then send the accident report as well as any other document that may be of importance in relation to the accident to firstname.lastname@example.org, and putting in Cc Sharonomy email@example.com
Minor issues: use the table below to find an amicable settlement to directly compensate the owner for the damages. Sharonomy may, where appropriate, intervene for the settlement, but costs may potentially be charged to the owner and / or the driver.
- Late return (> 15 minutes): 10€ per extra hour
- Fuel level difference > ¼ than initial level: Price of petrol+20€
- Lost keys: 100€
- Very dirty interior: 30€
- Very dirty exterior: 30€
- Small scratch on bodywork: 200€
- Stains: 200€